Monday, November 3, 2008

August part 2

Photobucket The second week of August I went to Utah to get my mind off everything, relax, and cruise with some friends and just have fun! It was an awesome time.
When i got home Ron (the owner of Alternative Surf) had a pot luck lunch with some amazing food that his wife Claudia made. It was really cool to see all the people come out and support Ron and keep encouraging him even with his injury.
On the 14th and 15th I met up with the USA Jr team to do some practice heats with Coach Joey Buran. It was really fun but also weird to compete against some of the best stand up jrs in the world. The kids were all ripping and the waves were fun. Hopefully I could do some more and get ready for Portugal in October!
I started my first day at LBCC on the 18th and it was weird actually being there considering ive been doing alot of my schooling online so I can travel and try and surf as much as possible. I have alot of classes this semester so its gonna be challenging balancing work, school, training, bodyboarding etc.. but I love challenges!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

To promote the USBA contest at Huntington Beach Sport Chalet had some of the riders to signings at there Irvine, Huntington Beach, and LONG BEACH stores. Alot more people attended them and alot of my friends came out to LONG BEACH one to support which I thought was sooo awesome!
The contest was fun and the competition was really high. I wounded up losing in my Quarters barley. Jeff Hubbard was on fire and won the event. If you want to check out his blog check out http://jeffhubb.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home