Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Last surf with Dorin and Ryan breaks his back

My friend Dorin left and headed to MEPs, then from there the Recruit Depot in San Diego. He will return with the title of US Marine. I have known Dorin from when he first started bodyboarding and he would hang out with me everyday when I would work at Alternative Surf. Nick Arant and I made sure to surf with him as much as possible with him before he left. This is the last session that we will have with Dorin for a while. Proud of you D-ROD!!!


My friend Ryan Vandever just broke his back last week bodyboarding. The first time I met Ryan was in Hawaii. Since we were both from Cali we instantly started cruising and hanging out. He has had the travel bug for a while and has had some super sick trips over seas. I personally think he is really under rated and I can't wait to see him come back from this and keep killing it! This is in his own words, "pretty much on wednesday i got a little barrel at big rock and it kind of pinched on me. when i went over with the wave i landed on a rock that felt like someone throwing me onto a fire hydrant. at first i just thought it was badly bruised but once i got onto the beach i started getting the worst shooting pains from my back down to my leg and i could barely walk. i decided to go home and take a nap and see how i felt after, but when i woke up i couldnt even get out of bed because of the pain. my sister took me to the ER that night and a CAT scan showed 2 breaks in my lower vertebrae(L2,L3). i go see my doctor tomorrow so i'll find out when he thinks i'll be able to surf again."

Ryan Bodyboarding

Ryan V

I know this post is not the most up lifting post I have done but with Dorin being gone to join the Marines and one of my friends breaking his back I just like to give myself a reminder on how blessed I am to have an amazing family and the life I live. Count your blessing and enjoy time with friends and family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home