Friday, September 4, 2009

Small waves, Contest, and BBX result

The waves have gone real small. I have still been getting in the water every day and training a lot. I got an e-mail the other day asking how I stay motivated to surf bad waves especially when I travel to so many places and get good waves. It was a great question and it is because I LOVE being in water! I also have been watching all of the world tour events and some of the venues did not have the best waves. As professional athletes theses bodyboarders did incredible things on such gutless bad waves. I want to be ready for anything, big or small and that is why I am constantly practicing.

Photobucket
I got to pick what board to use this weekend for my contest!
Photobucket
Spraying
Photobucket
Reverse
Photobucket
Surfing average waves can be fun when you have a positive friend that likes to be in the water as much as you! Thank Jared!
Photobucket
My suitcase for work aka my board bag
All the shots were taken by my friend Alex. Check out some of his stuff on his site or his myspace.

Photobucket
I leave tonight to San Diego to meet with a few friends to go to Mexico for a bodyboarding contest at Playas de Tijuana ( by the bull ring ) in Tijuana Baja California. The top nine riders will be getting some money. First place has a $1,500 check! Really excited for this event! Click HERE to go to the contest website!

I got the results for the Bodyboard Expedition contest in Ventura the other day. I took second place behind my friend and RXYM and Alternative Surf team mate BOBBY KITHCART! He killed it and I am stoked on his win! I got more votes but he got a .1 more start vote and that is what they count, the star vote. I am really pumped for their next event I get to do!I won the Baja event in 2007 now Bobby won the Ventura event in 2008! Be ready to watch the mainland one coming out soon! We both didn't participate in it but it should be some really amazing stuff!!
Photobucket
Watch my section here
Photobucket
BBX Ventura champs!
Photobucket
Close one!

2 Comments:

Blogger Selase said...

Your suitcase for work... Lol!

September 9, 2009 at 12:33 PM  
Blogger Jeremy Wright said...

it works though lol

September 18, 2009 at 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home