Saturday, October 16, 2010

Haircut, New Zinka product and David Phillips

When I got home from my trip to Indonesia my hair was pretty out of control and getting long. My dad likes my hair short and always want's me to buzz it. There is a barber shop right by my house that I skate to after some of my trips. This barber shop is pretty rad and some of the people have lived in Long Beach all there life and love talking about the "old days" The people that cut hair are surfers and get so siked on telling me about waves they have caught and adventures they have been on back in the day. It's a cool place and is usually crowded. I picked the oldest guy there because he had no one in his chair and there were tons of people waiting for the other barbers to cut their hair. When I got in the chair I just told him to buzz it all off. My dad never thinks I would shave my head so I was really excited to shock him! The old barber gave me a bowl cut, mow hawk and other weird styles. Everyone waiting to get their haircuts were cracking up and it was fun to share about my trip and reflect on all the epic times I had with my friends. In the end the hair was buzzed my dad was happy and I actually like it a lot!

Buzzed head

My sunscreen sponsor ZINKA just re vamped their website and came out with a new product! It is a Face Stick! I can't wait to get some in the mail and try out. Be sure to put in your zip code and find a dealer near you so you can use it to!

Face Stick from Zinka

My friend D-Phil just put together this clip of him and it is hands down one of my favorite from this year. I have said in previous blogs how un-rated David is and traveling with him on multiple trips and seeing him rip daily is super motivating. Im stoked this clip is out to the public so people can see how good D-Phil is. I sent the clip to a lot of my friends and one of the best stand up jr surfers in the world Kolohe Andino wrote to me and said the clip and double reverse rolls was, "The sickest thing i have ever seen!!" Pretty sick claim and other people wrote how amped it gets them to bodyboard! Keep an eye out for D-Phil in 2011 and enjoy the clip!

David Phillips Summer 2010 recap from Boogie Nation on Vimeo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home