Monday, February 14, 2011

Hello Reef and SURGE new issue cover

My friend Mike Bain and I went out at Rockies to try and get some waves before dark. It was stormy and no one out, which got us pretty siked for an uncrowded session! I got a little inside wave hit a invert didn't land it and got worked under water I hit the back of my head and got a huge knot on the back of my head, cut my lip, feet and both arms. My friend Brent Bielman made sure I was okay and took this shot for laughs haha
I tried to go out after this and got denied and the current took me all the way to Ehukai but Mike got a sick one so it was sweet!
This season I have been paying dues and getting such beat downs from breaking leashes, losing fins and mostly being in the wrong spot when clean up sets come but its all good! Just like my friend Jacob Romero always says "Makes strong"

Photo by Brent

The new SURGE magazine should be coming out later this week! Here is the cover shot of South Africans very own Jared Houston

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home