Sunday, December 7, 2008

Operation Christmas Child and SD

Photobucket

My church got a group of about 30 people to go help out at Operation Christmas Child on December 4Th and it was a total blast! We started at about 7pm and didn't end till 11pm. There were many jobs but I got to inspect the boxes with my brother Jas and most of the youth. We would make sure there were no chocolate, liquids, or food and then tape the boxes up and send them out to make some kid super stoked!
I got a text to go down south since the waves were gonna be good, I was a little hesitant since it was so late but once I heard how the conditions were looking I didnt care what time it was. I got home around 11:45pm that night packed my stuff and got everything loaded and was on the road by 12:30am. I arrived at my friends place around 3am took a two hour power nap and woke up at 5:30am and headed to the beach. The waves were really fun, crowded with people but with the sun out and off shore conditions it was worth it. We all got fun waves and a couple fun sections too! The session lasted about six hours cause of the lack of food I had (none) and since I only had two hours of sleep haha We checked a few other spots but decided to go home because I had a big test that I didnt really get to study for. All in all it was a great Thursday and Friday and a cool adventure

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home