Tuesday, December 16, 2008

FIRE PREMIERE

On the 11th I worked at Alternative Surf all day from 10am-6pm. The Fire premiere was going to be shown at the Gaslamp at 7pm and doors were going to open at 6pm. The whole day I was just thinking about how sweet the premiere was going to be and with more and more customers calling the shop and stoping in to buy tickets I knew it was going to be a big success. By 3pm we sold all the tickets that we had at the shop at had to start telling customers to get them at the door. A lot of people stoped by the shop throughout the day but the best was the God father of our sport Mike Stewart himself. Mike shared about his recent trip to the Canary Isaland for the IBA world tour event. Being 45 years old and still being in the top 10 in the world is a pretty crazy achievement and freakin AWESOME! (I really hope he wins his 10th world title next year before Slater, that be sick!)
After I got off work I bolted home to get some food in my stomach, change, and get my camera. There were over 350+ people at the premiere and it was by far the funnest premiere I have ever been to, and the most people ive seen at one too!
A lot of my friends from Long Beach where there along with the old school Seal Beach crew and wedge crew some legends and just everyone it was sooo sweet!
The coolest part was probably catching up with everyone. All in all the night was fantastic and Scotty Carter and Mike Stewart gave all the ticket proceeds to Ron Ziebell to help with his medical bills and everything. Seriously how AMAZING is that for ron dog!
It looks like we will be getting the DVD this friday so be sure to order them from ALTERNATIVE SURF

Photobucket
Ron, Mike, and Claudia

Photobucket
Me and Brian Press

Photobucket
Me and STEWART!

Photobucket
Me, randy, and torie (dont worry its tea)

Photobucket
Me and Joe Grodzen

Photobucket
Crowd shot

Photobucket
Seal Beach grom Raymond who is going to be ripping soon and Mike Stewart

Photobucket
Me, Mike the manager at Harbour Surfboards and my best mate Kuch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home