Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Become A Rapid Reader



I thought having a college degree made me an above-average reader.  In the video, you will see that six months ago, I was a very below-average reader.

In February, my business Coach Simon Chan suggested a book by Peter Kump, so I can learn to read faster. I was so excited to get into the book. However, when I started the course and did the test to see my words per minute, it was nothing to brag about. The author suggests reading consistently on your own without the training book for a while to build your reading speed faster naturally. I chose to read on my own without the book for six months. I came up with six months because I knew I was going to be extrememly busy, and knew I coudn’t dedicate an hour a day until late August. If you get this book, I suggest not to wait as long as I did, and read on to see why! During these six months I read nine very awesome books in subjects that I wanted to learn and improve on and made me fall in love with reading more! 

Six months to the date, I came back to the Rapid Reading book and did the test again and it showed that my reading had improved dramatically! My words per minute and my comprehension went up! I just finished day two of the workbook and guess what......I improved even more!
If you are not good at something, don’t NOT do it.  I encourage you to figure out a way that you CAN do it. So many people quit before even trying. When you remember my story, consider not only how long I took before I got back to this Rapid Reading book, but also what I did during the six months that I waited to re start it.  I read and practiced on my own. I am very determined to be a rapid reader, so I can read many books to learn more, grow as a person, and bring more value to friends, family, clients and the market place! 

Find a reason why you would want to become a rapid reader or look at anything you have been putting off and go out and start right now! Heck, do what I did: make a video, post in on youtube to be accountable, and tweet me so I can give you a shout out for your decision to Better YOUR Best!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home