Friday, August 20, 2010

USBA Jenks Pro, tiny waves lately, and Alex Verharst creation

I recently got my ticket to the east coast so I can compete in the final event on the USBA tour and am so pumped! I can't wait to catch up with all my friends on the east coast and see how much better they have all gotten! I will be flying into New York to hang out and catch up with my good friend TJ and his family. Then booking it to New Jersey to compete in the Jenks Pro. I didn't get to do this event last year and the previous year I did compete I got knocked in the semi's and got 5th. I am currently in 14th place. Last year on tour I was ranked 7th overall. I really want a good result since I have not gotten one the entire year and will give it everything I got. I also need to make the top 10 to re-sign with most of my sponsors for next year so a good result in this event is VERY important.

Can't wait!!!


The waves have been tiny lately. I have been long boarding every day and been having lots of fun. Once I get some shots I will post one! Here is a shot from my friend Saul when it was small but not tiny.

Thanks Saul for the pic!

My friend Alex Verharst is an upcoming photographer and has been getting so many good shots lately. I really like how passionate and stoked he is on photography it actually makes you want to either start taking photos or step up your game with whatever you are passionate about which is awesome! He has been filming and helping me get footage for the new RXYM movie "The End" The waves have not been that good which is a bummer but trying to make the most of the conditions that we have to work with. He made this sweet camera and video contraption so he can film and take shots at the same time! What a multi-tasker!

This was less than $5 worth of product and alex made a monopod. Cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home