Wednesday, May 27, 2009

US Open of Bodyboarding weekend

The US open was this weekend and it was a lot of fun, here is a recap of the how it turned out.
On friday the 22nd I got to do a quick practice heat with Jeff Hubbard, Dubb, and D-Phil before the rider check in and I had a career heat and won which was sweet! We rushed to the rider check in at Sport Chalet in Huntington Beach. It is always a good time because you get to catch up with your friends and get amped for the contest. A bunch of my family and friends got to come out which was sweet!
Saturday was the event and the waves were about 2-4ft. I got to hang out under the RXYM tent and cruise with my dad at the event. I got 5th overall in the event. Here is a quote from the press release about my performance. "Jeremy Wright did all the “Wright” things up until the semi finals with a solid effort just missing his second final, losing to the on point Romero brothers."
Photobucket
Rolling Photo by Duayne

After the event was over I got to go to a promo for the opening of a new shop in San Clemente for my clothing sponsor RXYM. Jeff Hubbard, Dave Hubbard and the RXYM team was there to do the signing and give out a bunch of stuff. Boards, clothes, leashes and everything else was raffled and thrown out!
Photobucket
Signing some posters for the 100+ people who came out for the event!
Photobucket
Throwing some free tees out!
Photobucket
RXYM poster

Here is a video from the promo, they even ordered the UFC fight for everyone to watch!!

On Sunday the 24th was the last day of the US open of bodyboarding. The level of riding was high and everyone brought there A game! The groms were killing it and it was pretty cool to watch.
Photobucket
Doing an interview for Michelles video project
Photobucket
My team manager for bodyglove "Chewy" came out to support along with sarah bodygloves PR women!
Photobucket
The 2009 US open winner JEFF HUBBARD
Photobucket
My friend Wally Sanni took out the Pro DK division
The next event on the tour is the Sandy Beach pro July 4th and 5th. Check out www.usbatour.com for more info.

Dave Hubbard stayed with me for the contest and it was awesome! I picked the top 4 questions that everybody sent me on facebook and myspace to ask him. I will be making a quick edit and put it on Youtube, so be sure to check the blog in the next few days for it! Thank you everyone for sending me the questions!!
Photobucket
A scene from Q and A with Dubb!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home