Saturday, October 31, 2009

Bye Puerto Escondido and Hello Puerto Rico!!

My last night in Puerto we went out to get some flan to celebrate an epic trip. On our way back to the hotel we saw some waves. I convinced Raul to go out with me since he has never night surfed. The waves had a glow to them in the barrels and it was just awesome!
Photobucket
After our night boogie session

The next morning I woke up early and started cranking out my HW. I knew I was going to be traveling for 30+ hours before I got to Puerto Rico so it was really important to get as much done since it is my last week for this class. Once the maid came I packed my stuff in like 5 minutes, went to the beach and had my last session, took Raul to lunch as a thank you, got a postcard for Kylie, took a shower and loaded up the car. I got to the bus station and was straight off to Oaxaca airport!
Photobucket
Taking out Raul and thanking him for letting us use his car and cruise at his place.
Photobucket
Stickney and I cruised mainland Mexico for the last six weeks together. See ya in Cali stickney!!

I wore a cowboy hat this bus ride because my last bus ride 10 out of 10 guys had them I wanted to blend in more and even shaved this weird go tee thing on my face ha-ha
The bus stopped at this restaurant and I was starving. I have NEVER gotten a free meal at a restaurant in Mexico but I somehow managed to score one this trip! The bus driver told me the waitress thought I was cute but I just told him it was all the hat!
It took 12 hours and I arrived at 2am to the bus station.
I got a taxi to take me to the airport and picked the worst guy! He told me one price but once we started driving he raised it! He threatened to pull over and drop me off on the side of the road if I didn’t pay the extra. The funny thing was he wanted an extra 40 pesos, which is like $2.50 in the U.S so I fully paid the extra!
The road was blocked off and the gate wouldn’t open till 5am so that’s where he left me.
It was about 4 miles from the airport. I was super tired and was super confused on what just happened. I mean I was just on the side of a road It is really important to stay positive while you travel because a lot of things are going to happen and you just have to go with it and make the most of the situation. That is exactly what I did. I made this sick little fort. I used my towels as a mat, had my pillow and just slept for like 3 hours with all my stuff on top of me and this huge blanket over all of it. I woke up to these two guys just staring at me. They asked what I was doing and I told them “Waiting for the gate to open.” I gave them a few muffins and made small talk. The gate opened and I got a ride to my terminal! Saved 4 miles of walking with all my gear, Stoked!!!
Photobucket
My stuff
Photobucket
The first stage of my bed and fort!
Photobucket
Getting a ride from the gate and saving some walking time with all my stuff

After 14 hours of flights, layovers, airport cruising, and donating my hat to a little kid I finally got to Puerto Rico!!
I am staying with Babby Quinones and can’t be any happier. Babby is a complete legend. Right when I got to his house he showed me his new video he is making! It is super good! He also showed me his trophy’s (two of them are second place at PIPE) and a few photo albums of him bodyboarding all around the world! They were Epic and it inspired me to make some sort of scratch book when I get home.
I also got to get some local food that was delicious!
We went to the beach this morning and it was pretty small but a fun little reef. The waves look like they are going to get BIG in a few days so it should be sick!
I already know I am going to fall in love this place!
Photobucket
At the airport
Photobucket
Babby showing me some of his albums. There like history books full of photos! So sick!

This entire week the waves look good and will be getting BIG! So excited! I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home