Saturday, October 10, 2009

Long Beach Article, Waves, Crocodiles, Basketball, and more driving

The Gazette just wrote an article on me! Super stoked on the local Long Beach love! Click HERE to read it!
Photobucket
This is the shot they used. Photo by Jeff Yusa

Having a positive attitude when you know the waves are not going to be the best is the best way to stay stoked and have fun in the water. The waves have not been the greatest but its still been fun! I mean the water is the best temperature, the beach is nice and there are wedgey peaks everywhere! We spend a lot of time at the beach and I was able to bodyboard, bodysurf, stand up boogie, Dk, Skim, and butt board! No matter how the waves are get out there and have fun!
Photobucket
Coming in from a fun bodysurf session

I was talking about Dinosaurs the other day after I caught this lizard on the beach. Chad brought up how he knew about a place to check out crocodiles. I have not seen a crocodile since Costa Rica so I was pretty happy to see them again!
Photobucket
Hey there
Photobucket
Creepy
Photobucket
Bye!
Photobucket
Sign

I have been reading a book on Pete Maravich right now and have been loving it! The book is full of awesome stories and great quotes that will challenge you to do better in whatever you do. The more I read the book the more I want to keep training! He was such a nut case and all he thought about was basketball! Kind of like me and bodyboarding, I love it! This is my second book on basketball in two months! The other one was called Slam Dunk and that was really encouraging too! They both got me excited to play some BASKETBALL! Chad is 6'10 and was into the idea of smashing me on the court so we found a ball, a court and had a blast!
All Photos by Mike Marincovich

Photobucket
Not in my house CHAD!
Photobucket
Focus
Photobucket
Hops
Photobucket
One second left...blew it!
Photobucket
Alright
Photobucket
There we go!
Photobucket
Did not feel good on the feet
Photobucket
BOOM!

We went out tonight to take our friend Raul out to eat and say thanks for letting us crash at his place. We packed up and are leaving bright and early tomorrow morning to our next destination. I cant wait especially since we are going to be surfing a few spots on the way there and there is a lot more swell on the horizon!
Photobucket
Yes thats a mustache coming in! haha
Photobucket
Never a dull moment with these guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home