Friday, February 27, 2009

Pipe contest finished

I got to hang out with Timmy and his parents after church on the 22nd. His parents are really funny like him and they made me feel just like I do when im back home with my family. We went to church, got some lunch, relaxed, listened to some killer music, shoped a bit, watched a movie, and headed to the beach! It was an epic day!
Photobucket
Timmy checking to see when the next BIG swell is going to hit

The Pipe contest took place on the 23rd and 24th. I competed on the 23rd. I had a really challenging heat with my friends Michael Novy, and Josh Garner along with the Spain bodyboard champ. Garner and Novy were in rhythm, focus, and determined. I wounded up getting 3rd but learned a lot from this one event. I was seeded into round 6 becaue of my end of the year ranking in the USBA.
The waves for day three were not as good but still sick! Ryan Hardy from Australia wounded up winning the Pipe contest! Bud Miyamoto won the DK event and absolutley killed it! All in all the event was awesome and definetley a great way to start the IBA World Tour.
Photobucket
Hardy being carried to the beach

Photobucket
Victory beer and victory chair lift! EPIC

Photobucket
Hardy the PIPELINE CHAMP!!!!!!!

Photobucket
The crowd

Photobucket
The finalist

Photobucket
OTW wave

Photobucket
Me and Micah WAVE REBEL

Photobucket
Tamega getting ready for the award ceremony

Photobucket
Tamega wounded up getting 3rd place in the event

Photobucket
David Phillips played the dark horse of the event and KILLED it!! Big Congrats D. Phil!

Photobucket
Watch out for these two this year on tour. Jacob Romero and D. Phil

Photobucket
South Africans with Stewart. Sacha got 3rd in the DK event super stoked for him!

Kingy hooked me up with a copy of his DVD the Joker II which is amazing! Thanks Kingy!!

Photobucket
Kingy being a "JOKER"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home