Sunday, December 20, 2009

Staying Busy

To sum up these last 13 days would be the longest blog ever! It has been really challenging adjusting to doubling up on my classes since I have been traveling up and down the coast a lot because the waves have been good, bodyboarding pretty much non stop, training, family time, meetings etc.. Like anything new that you take on it takes time to learn how you are going to pull it all off. My christmas break starts on the 22nd. I am really looking forward to that time so I can come up with a plan that will allow me to do everything that I need and want to do while keeping my grades up. These last 13 days have been filled with good times, lots of waves, lots of driving, and now lots of Homework!
Photobucket
I got to stop by my wetsuit sponsor BODYGLOVE on my way up north to get some new suits for this winter!

Review on the Vapor wetsuit
Photobucket
During this time most of my friends were studying and taking there Finals.Spider helped keep people up for those all nighters.
Photobucket
On my way up north. BEAUTIFUL!!
Photobucket
I got to surf this reef I have never got to surf before. The wave was heavy and I am stoked I got the chance to go there. Here is the sunrise before we paddled out
Photobucket
Brett getting psyched
Photobucket
Me FREEZING!
Photobucket
Helping Hitchhikers
Photobucket
I think everywhere in California had waves that day along with good conditions
Photobucket
This is my coach at his homebreak. After I got out from surfing that reef he told me to book it to his spot. I was super blessed to get there 3 hours before the sunset and got some fun waves. Not nearly as good as he got it that morning but still a bunch of ramps. Super sick shot from Chris Allen
Photobucket
Paula enjoying the sunset
Photobucket
After my session
Photobucket
He was so stoked on SPIDER!
Photobucket
Bodyboarders are everywhere!
Photobucket
Alternative Surf support up north
I got home really late that night got a few hours of sleep and met up with my friend Anthony Savoji the next morning to go down south to get some waves. Rob Isambert was also filming for his new video Ring Of Fire 2! The guys I got to bodyboard with that day were all time! and awesome friends. Everyone was killing it and pushing each other to do better.
Photobucket
Beans
Photobucket
Creed
Photobucket
Me. I was really bummed I did this move on this wave since it was a good backflip section as mike told me later but it was SOO SWEET to have your friends out in the water to give to good feedback! Thanks mike!
Photobucket
Savoji
Photobucket
Lepiere
Photobucket
Empty
Photobucket
Savoji and I leaving
I got to cruise with my best friend Brian "Kuch" Kucera one night and go to the Music Saves Lives christmas party.
Photobucket
Friends
Photobucket
Kuch and Jake
Photobucket
YUP
Photobucket
Donut
Photobucket
Kuch after he had an egg nog shot haha
Photobucket
My manager Russ runs Music Saves Lives. The party was an ugly sweater theme.
Photobucket
Josyln and I
Photobucket
Louie drinking a Spider Energy drink
Photobucket
Spider
Photobucket
WG christmas dinner
I went to Santa Monica on thursday to meet with Jason Yokobosoky aka JSY FITNESS. I will be training with him one on one once a week until I leave to Hawaii. Since the waves are not as consistent where I live I have to keep my self prepared for when the waves do get good and this will be a great motivational tool to train with him. Milo came to document our first workout which was total madness but also the greatest thing ever! I also got to meet up with my team manager Matt "Chewy" from bodyglove and my friend Sean English to surf there local spot. I also got to surf my local break when I got home later that day.
Photobucket
Chewy
Photobucket
Milo after a good day of filming
The bodyboard photos below are from Alex Verharst
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Lauren dyed a patch of my hair that night the same color as hers. First time I ever dyed my hair!..its really small zone on my head so its super minor
Yesterday we had a family Christmas party and it was awesome to hang out with my aunt, uncles and cousins!
Photobucket
My little cousin Justin did exactly what I use to do when people are taking photos! haha
Photobucket
My brother Josh and his wife Christina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home